January 12, 2011 at 3:52 PM
- l - 450g package of low-fat Quark cheese (.l% M.F. suggested)
- 4 tbsp. of freshly pressed flax oil or as much as you like! (60 mL)
- Freshly squeezed juice and pulp from l/2 a lemon
- l/4 cup cold pure water (60 mL)
- 2 very ripe bananas mashed (this provides sufficient natural sugars)
- 3 tbsp. of freshly ground, raw whole grains (choose from, but preferably don't mix: brown rice, buckwheat, port barley, oats, millet or spelt) (45 mL)
- 3 tbsp. of fresh oil-bearing seed (choose from: flax, sunflower, sesame, almonds, filberts, etc... and grind in the coffee/seed grinder, just before use.) (45mL)
- For a special treat add fresh fruit in season, such as strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, etc.
- In a bowl, mix bananas, quark, and lemon juice to a smooth consistency with a hand mixer or food processor. (The blender does not work well, because the mixture is too thick.)
- Mix in the finely ground grains and seeds now and the pure water.
- Mix in the flax oil at the end. If mixture is too thick, then add a little pure water at a time until the desired consistency is reached. Remember not to mix more than one grain at a time, but to altemate their use.
- All ingredients can be purchased from your local healthfood store. Quark is also available in your local supermarket, in the dairy section; simply ask for it if it is not visible.
Makes enough for 2 to 4 people, depending on individual appetites. It can be very filling.
Note: Grinding oat groats in one of the inexpensive automatic coffee grinders is my preference. Be sure to grind the grains as fine as possible, as not to have a gritty texture. Feel free to add as little or as much grain as desired. As dairy products have virtually no fiber, they can be relatively constipating for some.
If you have this tendency, simply add extra whole grains or flax seed to this recipe.
Recipe Copyright (c) 1991, "Guilt-Free Indulgence", Health Coach Systems International Inc. 6th Ed. www.healthcoach.com
Please add a comment
Apr 17th, 2011
Kudos to you! I hadn't thuhogt of that!
Apr 18th, 2011
Apr 19th, 2011
kJvLKX , [url=http://knqzrzhpomel.com/]knqzrzhpomel[/url], [link=http://ekyhhrozydxm.com/]ekyhhrozydxm[/link], http://ejrucdmtlatg.com/
Apr 23rd, 2011
Apr 24th, 2011
iVrqKG , [url=http://jiqymrneufgx.com/]jiqymrneufgx[/url], [link=http://sfoamftggcvt.com/]sfoamftggcvt[/link], http://wzjyplnpvuht.com/
Aug 22nd, 2011
Now I know who the barniy one is, I'll keep looking for your posts.
Aug 23rd, 2011
Aug 24th, 2011
Zly6mG , [url=http://oskfslwdzqrx.com/]oskfslwdzqrx[/url], [link=http://lchajdpzcyei.com/]lchajdpzcyei[/link], http://namfwgoqrggq.com/
Aug 27th, 2011
Aug 31st, 2011
yf1eaa , [url=http://qdwlszyaedwg.com/]qdwlszyaedwg[/url], [link=http://obbkoyzxdztg.com/]obbkoyzxdztg[/link], http://hwenzcbgxhfe.com/